“Following her previous world free distance record in Quixada (330 km), Seiko decided to start her quest! A world record chase!
She asked my support regardings my past experience to set speed world on FAI triangle 25 and 50 km. Then we spent all the winter to check map and used See You application to prepare all our record task.
FAI triangle are quite specific and you need to care about all the details to fly with a high average speed: number of thermal need, straight flight area, mountain side orientation, local wind, valley wind, best timing in the year… List is long to improve each task.
Gps file was finally ready on time for the beginning of spring with a nice list of task ready to fly. We were just waiting for the best weather window to go for it! While waiting, we were training to manage our instrument, increase our average top speed to be ready for the D-Day!
Weather turned on with pretty interesting forecast and Seiko did it. She set 6 world record in 39 days, totally amazing for me! Winter work helped a lot almost each time we went to fly!
- 28/03/2014, Seiko set 34,69 km/h average speed world record on a 50 kmFAI triangle.
- 11/04/2014, Seiko took off from Talloires and explosed the world record on a 25 km speed triangle at 42 km/h average!
- 12/04/2014, Seiko starts from Aravis and got an other one with 31 km/h on 100 km speed out and return.
- 1/05/2014, Seiko set two in row with both general and woman world record on 150 km speed FAI triangle at 32,68 km/h.
- 5/05/2014, at 30,59 km/h de moyenne, Seiko managed to catch the 100 km speed FAI triangle woman world record.